Sunday, January 20, 2013

How to: Make Paleo Pancakes

I love eggs, but I am getting tired of eating them all the time. I needed a new breakfast food, something healthy and Whole 30 compliant (Note: Whole 30 DOES NOT like "paleoizing" food because they do not believe it helps break the psychological ties with sugary treats that bind us and we are substituting fruits and nuts for the bad sugar. I just can't eat another egg to save my life for a while so I am sticking to the Whole 30 the best I can and learning to make better food choices when I want a change versus going to IHOP for their all you can eat plate o pancakes). Shelby of the Caveman Truck made me a few of these for my birthday and gave me the recipe Friday. It sounded easy enough so I decided to give it a whirl. These are divine!!! They taste like banana bread pancakes and only have 3 ingredients! Here's what you'll need.


Materials:
  • Frying pan/griddle
  • Food processor
  • Spatula
  • Plate
  • 1/2 cup measuring cup
  • Storage containers for any leftovers
Ingredients:
  • 3 bananas
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
Yields 18 3.5" pancakes


Directions:

Heat frying pan/griddle to medium heat.  Peel bananas and place in food processor. Crack eggs and place directly into food processor. Add almond butter to food processor. It will look like this.


Mix up in food processor until fully blended. Finished product will look like this.


Use measuring cup to pour pancakes onto pan/griddle. Each of my pancakes was about 1/4 of a cup.


Flip pancakes like normal, when the bubbles start to pop.


Serve immediately warm or package away if making breakfast for a few days. These are delicious with baked cinnamon apples, a lovely alternative to syrup and great way to get more fruits in at breakfast/meal time.



















No comments:

Post a Comment