Monday, December 31, 2012

Charts and Guides to Help You on Your Whole 30

When I did my first Whole 30 in August, I literally just jumped in feet first. After a few weeks I became addicted to the Whole 30 forum and to Pinterest as I was on a quest for answers and information.

My boss, who I want to be if I ever grow up, always emphasizes the importance of not reinventing the wheel. We're all here to help each other. Chances are if you have a question about whether something is Whole 30 compliant, so have about 1000 other people. That's where the forum comes in. Questions and encouragement from people all bonded together for a common goal yet cloaked in anonymity. A phenomenal exchange of ideas, recipes and support, the official Whole 30 forum can be found at http://forum.whole9life.com/

Pinterest is a great resource for new recipes, charts, inspirational quotes for when you get down or discouraged and incredibly funny pick-me-ups. Here are some of the gems I found the first time around. I hope they help you as much as they helped me.

This is a great reference for portion sizes.


One of my favorite charts, this tells you what spice goes with what food.



So many apples, so little time! This will help you figure out what kind of apple to eat for what. When I make baked apples, I use organic apples with generous sprinkles of cinnamon. I'll post a blog about them soon.




 This is a handy guide as to what is in season and when.



 How long to cook veggies depends on how you cook them.


For at the end of the day, when math is suddenly hard.
 
 
This is just funny, and true. Don't be afraid of fat my friends!



You won't miss that junk food after Day 16. I promise you!



This is a really good way to put things in perspective. Think of the things you have instead of what you don't.



Of course, there's a keep calm for everything!!!


That's right!!!

Take things one at a time, one day at a time.



 Never forget.....



Finally, here's a resource for Whole 30 approved spices. http://whole9life.com/2012/04/whole30-approved-spicehound/. Don't forget, I'm always here to help in any way I can. Happy Whole 30ing! And here's to a safe, happy, healthy new year to you and all your loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment